Flickr Images

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rekindling my Creativity


This talk has literally changed my output about schooling and education. I have gone from being a staunch advocate of strict, disciplined, private school education to being a homeschooling parent. If what he is asserting is true...if schooling does indeed kill creativity, then my creativity is at it's death bed. I have been in school since I was three and I'm still in school as I started homeschooling my daughter I became a little bit more interested in exploring my creative side. I wasn't ready to jump into sculpture and charcoal painting but I thought it would be fun to start coloring.

I printed a cool print, got some coloring pencils...my ipod and locked myself inside my library.

I fell in love with this print and I really wanted to just relax and do something I wouldn't normally do. I spent 30 minutes and this is what I came up with....


I thought that my work is pathetic. That's it? 30 minutes and that's all I have? Sheesh. Ken Robinson is right, my creativity is dead. Good thing I have more prints to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment